Fire damage to your property is, to say the least, an unwelcome surprise.
Your Fire Claims
Fire claims should follow a process set by the state called the Standard Fire Policy. This is language an insurer must adopt when writing its policy. The Standard Fire Damage has a fairly broad grant of coverage for fire damage. Perhaps, just as important, it has a process to govern a fair adjustment.
Under this state law, insurance companies can ask a lot of questions of an insured property owner making a claim. Yet there are limits. Beckmann Law Firm helps property owners understand what they must do during an insurance adjustment and what an insurer may and may not do, including:
- Establish the true cause and origin of the fire
- Evaluate damage to property
- Understand and track insurance company deadlines
- List property owner deadlines, such as the deadline to complete repairs or file suit
- Advocate for a proper scope of a claim
- Help a property owner with an insurance appraisal
- Advise a property owner on going to court, if necessary
Many insurance adjusters are nice, helpful people – but not all of them. Contact us today to learn how we can represent you with your insurer.